Saturday, April 24, 2010

Please Be Patient!

Oh My Goodness! I'm still here! I don't know what's busier.....Thanksgiving season or Spring season. The other day while doing chores, I needed to look for something in the van. I actually thought, "Geez...I can't stop. No time to look in the van!". So, please be patient. Every day there seems to be a new story or thought. I shall continue to do my best to post!

I can't tell you how many times I have sat down and started to post, only to be sidetracked by some event here on the farm. Scott and Tony went to the Culpeper's Farmers Market this morning. Today is the first day. We just got our official enrollment notice for the Ballston Market in Arlington. We're excited to tap into Northern Virginia.

Our brooder room is full of Heritage turkeys and we get another shipment of broilers next week. Our Berkshire pork still isn't ready yet. I'm sure we'll get a call beginning of next week.

Not only is spring full of endless farm chores, it is also full of soccer and lacrosse games and practices. Speaking of which....I need to get outside....soccer tournament later today!

1 comment:

  1. Rhonda:
    This is very belated, but I wanted to thank you for showing Lorraine and me around your wonderful farm. It is exactly the farm that comes to mind when someone says the word "farm". I especially liked your piglets. Soooo cute. Thanks also for patiently answering all of my I'm-from-Detroit farm questions. I'm signing up to be a follower of your blog so I can be down on the farm whenever I want to! Barbara Drumheller

    ReplyDelete