Friday, November 27, 2009

Leftovers Plate Number One


Of course my favorite part about Thanksgiving is the leftovers. It makes the best breakfast! I already had my big plate this morning. We went over Tony and Careen's last night. Tony cooked two Bourbon Red hens...one smoked and one traditional. Everything was wonderful. We took half of everything home. I can see for now on, Thanksgiving day for us means taking a huge breather and being thankful for a day of rest. I don't have a desire to cook all day. I would much rather enjoy the event on Friday or Saturday.

Scott did very little farm work yesterday. He enjoyed cups of hot tea and reading the book, "Omnivore's Dilemma". I, on the other hand, finally enjoyed getting my hands on my pigs. I haven't seen them in a week. I cleaned out feed and water troughs, made sure everyone got enough feed and made sure all grunts and oinks were normal. We also have a sow, Ramona, who is due very soon with a litter. We moved her to the hill with the farrowing hut. Now we just have to watch her milk rows. That lets me know just how soon she will deliver.

We sure do hope all of our customers enjoyed their Pleasant Hill Turkeys and the time spent with their friends and family. We were glad to see our repeat customers and it was a true pleasure meeting new ones! We're thankful for all of you. Now it's time to order turkeys for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment